Select the best paint colour for a room
Here are some tips for getting the paint colour for your room just right.
- Yellow and rosy tones give a room a warm feeling, while greens, blues & greys are cooler ones.
- Avoid snow-white unless decorating ultra modern, minimalist environments. WHITE-white will make a room look clinical and sterile, instead chose a white with a touch of peach, beige or pink.
- Save bold colour schemes for rooms you don’t spend too much time in, such as bathrooms, and dining rooms. You may tire of these rooms if you spend a lot of time in it, as you would an office or living room.
- Take fabric with you when you are trying to match paint.
- Start small, paint a sample area on a wall or grab a few sample colour cards and lean them up against the wall to be painted and see how it looks after a few days.
- Use test pots and try different shades until you’re happy. It may take a little longer but the time spent in sampling will be worth it in the end.
« PREVIOUS TIP
NEXT TIP »